Last week I attended the ILW event on March 15 in Dallas, Texas. I thought I would share with you some of the interesting facts that came up throughout the day.
- Chinese EB-5 visa applications grown from 63 in 2006 to 1675 in 2012.
- Advisors suggesting that investors conduct an independent evaluation of the RC and the project.
- Keep in mind when counting jobs, they should be new jobs and not those that have been shifted from other locations within the US.
- Government adjudicators are like loan officers so make sure that the 924 petition for RC designation is comprehensive and well organized.
- Evidentiary burden is on I-526 petitioner to demonstrate lawful source of funds.
- EB-5 investor must file I-829 with USCIS within 90 day period before 2nd anniversary of Conditional Lawful Permanent Residency (“CLPR”) expiration.
Let us know what interesting facts you’ve heard.