POSITION TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Software Development Manager
NES Financial provides technology-enabled services for the efficient middle and back office administration of highly specialized financial transactions. Our custom solutions include EB-5 escrows, 1031 exchanges, and fund administration transactions. Many of the world’s largest financial institutions and corporations rely on our proprietary technology, unparalleled expertise, and outstanding services to ensure the secure, transparent, and compliant management of funds. Recognized by Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 as one of the fastest growing private companies in America. NES Financial helps companies lower operational costs, reduce risk, and improve ROI. For more information, visit nesfinancial.com.
We are seeking a senior software engineer who will be responsible for the design, development and ongoing modification of software applications that are built using OutSystems platform. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of working in medium to large development teams, utilizing Agile development & delivery methodologies to deliver enterprise class software solutions. Previous experience using software development platforms such as Outsystems or Force.com will be an advantage.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, develop and maintain multiple complex financial applications, programs, application functions, databases, or application / user interfaces.
• Work with stake holders, business analysts, and team members to understand complex business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
• Hands-on with architecture, design, development and deployment of enterprise systems.
• Proven track record of leading projects through design, development, release, and maintenance phases.
• Review technical designs and perform code review.
• Balance multiple priorities and respond to day-to-day problems while maintaining progress on regularly scheduled project work.
• Take responsibility for quality and timeliness of results for projects and tasks.
• Perform impact analysis and estimate development time and effort.
• Mentor and assist junior team members while providing valuable input into design.
• Assist the QA team with test cases.
• Provide post production support and user support.
• Work effectively with minimal oversight.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent.
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience building web or mobile applications, preferably with a rapid application development platform such as Outsystems or Force.com
• Strong application design, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience with Agile Software Development and Test-Driven Development
• Excellent communications, analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Outsystems developer certification is a PLUS.
• Experience working with data warehousing, data integration and analytics technologies.
• This full-time position is in San Jose CA and available immediately.
• The candidate must have valid permanent work authorization in the US (Green Card or US Citizenship). Employment sponsorship is not available.
• Principals only. Recruiting companies please do not respond to this job posting.