POSITION TITLE: Senior Analytics and Data Engineer
REPORTS TO: Software Development Manager
NES Financial provides technology-enabled services for the efficient middle and back office administration of highly specialized financial transactions. Our custom solutions include EB-5 escrows, 1031 exchanges, and fund administration transactions. Many of the world’s largest financial institutions and corporations rely on our proprietary technology, unparalleled expertise, and outstanding services to ensure the secure, transparent, and compliant management of funds. Recognized by Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 as one of the fastest growing private companies in America. NES Financial helps companies lower operational costs, reduce risk, and improve ROI. For more information, visit nesfinancial.com.
We are seeking a senior level analytics and data engineer who will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of data integration, data warehouses, analytical and reporting applications that offer deep insights to our customers and that solve business problems. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working in medium to large development teams, utilizing Agile methodologies to deliver enterprise class software solutions. Prior experience with cloud-based data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake , AWS/Redshift or Azure SQL DW as well as analytical applications such as Tableau, Looker, Microsoft SQL Analytical Services, OLAP, among others is a must. The candidate will be required to work closely with globally distributed teams and with business users to meet the objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, develop and maintain data warehouses that fully support requirements in business intelligence, analytics and client facing applications
• Design, develop and/or maintain multiple moderately complex applications, programs, application functions, databases, or application / user interfaces
• Working with stake holders, business analysts, and team members to understand complex business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions
• Balance multiple priorities and respond to day-to-day problems while maintaining progress on regularly scheduled project work
• Take responsibility for quality and timeliness of results for projects and tasks.
• Provide user support for multiple applications.
• Work effectively with minimal oversight.
• Experience working with datasets, and strong interest in deep data analysis with a desire to investigate large amounts of data and generate insights.
• Lead data-driven analyses.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in engineering or computer science.
• Extensive hands-on experience developing web and mobile business intelligence solutions with at least one major tool such as Tableau, Looker, MS Analytical Services, Business Objects, or MicroStrategy.
• 5+ years of experience writing advanced MS and ANSI SQL, performance tuning of BI queries, data modeling, and data mining from multiple sources.
• Strong experience in implementing ETL tools and solutions with in-depth knowledge and understanding of ETL methodology and design supporting data transformations transformation layer
• 5+ years of experience in Data Warehouse design and development, methodologies, tools, processes and best practices.
• In-depth understanding of the Cloud with knowledge of cloud-based data warehouse solutions such as Snowflake, AWS/Redshift, Google BigQuery, Azure, etc.
• Experience with Agile Software Development and test-driven development
• Strong analytical and debugging skills.
• Experience and knowledge of statistical methods such as curve-smoothing, weighted averages, etc.
• Working knowledge of at least one major programming language
• Understanding of finance, particularly accounting and investments.
• Experience working with low or no code development platforms such as Outsystems is a plus.
• This full-time position is located in San Jose CA and available immediately.
• The candidate must have valid permanent work authorization in the US (Green Card or US Citizenship). Employment sponsorship is not available.
• Principals only. Recruiting companies please do not respond to this job posting.